Update was Re: Unsatisfied depends in slink main

First I want to thank everyone for their replies.

Second I want to appologize for my incorrect phrasing of the subject line.

Several people have pointed out that there are very nice packages that
deal with dependencies, while others pointed out that the other "or"ed
elements satisfied the dependency needs.

I should have made it clear that my intent was to find any and all
references, that could not be satisfied in the supplied set of packages.
As the Packages file is the "weak link" in the distribution method, I
decided to interrogate the actual packages in the given archive and parse
their control files.

As it turns out, the issue with ppp stems from the fact that, although I
started out with a hamm archive as the seed for my slink mirror,
satisfying the symlinks, when the package in hamm changed, and the older
version was no longer correct, mirror removed it and then failed to make
the link to a non-existant hamm directory on my site.

I'll be able to recover any other missing files by looking at the
changelog, but this brings up another issue. I had understood that, as
packages were changed that these symlinks would go away, so all changed
packages in hamm should have also updated in slink, disolving the link?

In any case, as we are in a freeze, shouldn't these links be replaced with
the actual files? I mean, if slink is in freeze, and hamm is still being
upgraded...

Thanks,

Dwarf