Re: getting kernel 2.2 into slink

On Fri, Jan 22, 1999 at 07:18:08PM -0500, Brian White wrote:

> Yup.  I don't have any worries about that.  My small concern is people
> expecting it to be supported because it came with the distribution.  As
> I've said, I don't have very strong convictions about a source package.

As I said several messages back, a note to this effect in the package,
and during the install ought to suffice to notify people that "THIS
SOFTWARE IS INCLUDED AS A SERVICE TO OUR USERS, BUT IS NOT GUARANTEED
TO FUNCTION WITH DEBIAN" (or something like that:-)

Ciao,

        Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org