Errors in 2.2.0-pre8

Hi All,

I got the kernel pre5 and applied patches till pre9. However, after applying pre8, the compilation gave an error in the program fs/autofs/dirhash.c pre9 does not fix this problem.

The actual error is at the end of dirhash.c and has the following lines..

struct auto_fs..   *ent,*nent;

  for(....)
     for(ent=..;ent;ent=nent)
           nent = ent->next;

My pre8 patch changed the definition into
struct auto_fs..  *ent;

However, the pre8 patch had the diff for this program as

      for(ent=...;ent;ent=ent->next)      (second for as a reference line)

So my guess is that the probelm was fixed in one of the ac's, but somehow got missed in the patch.

Did anyone else have the same problem? Can someone who has a local kernel mirror check it out ?

Thanks,
Vaidhy

Alike for those who for Today prepare
And those that after a Tomorrow stare;
A Muezzin from Tower of Darkness cries,
"Fools, your reward is nether here nor there".
                          - Omar Khayyam