Re: Unmet Deps revisted

On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, Steve McIntyre wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, Santiago Vila wrote:
>
> >I hope the pgp-i and pgp-us example will help you to see that surely most
> >of these conflicts are gratuituous).
>
> I guess so. Hmmm. I'm still not convinced it's a major thing to be worried
> about. [...]

It depends on how much we value the userfriendliness of the system.

I still remember somebody who some time ago loudly complained in
debian-user-spanish about the great user-unfriendliness of the install
system. The reason for this was exactly the great number of
conflicting optional packages.

So yes, this is something to worry about.

Whether this is major or not, it depends on the number of affected
packages, and I think there are too many.

--
 "48b8a78c634fe15d870b28921056e40f" (a truly random sig)