Re: getting kernel 2.2 into slink
- To: Bob Nielsen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: getting kernel 2.2 into slink
- From: Michael Lea <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 09:16:11 -0500
- Message-id: <"BHSiwD.A.o1H.dgIq2"@murphy>
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.3.96.990121232500.1526Aemail@example.com>
- References: <000701be45a7$b1098a40$320a0a01@fulgham>
At 11:32 PM 1/21/99 -0700, you wrote:
>On Thu, 21 Jan 1999, Brent Fulgham wrote:
>> > 2.2. diald/ppp in slink does not work with 2.2.0-pre7 (on my box, at
>> > least). I am sure that there are other things as well.
>> I'm sure you were aware that you have to upgrade your pppd to work with any
>> of the higher-order 2.1.X kernels? You might want to check the kernel
>> source's Documents/CHANGES file.
>I also was unable to get ppp or diald to work with a later 2.1.x kernel in
>a hamm system.
>Documentation/Changes says the required version of ppp is 2.3.5 and hamm,
>slink and potato all have this version.
I've had trouble with dhcpd working with the 2.1.xxx kernels, haven't done
troubleshooting but it may be cause for concern.