pppd 2.3.5 (was RE: getting kernel 2.2 into slink)

On Thu, 21 Jan 1999, Brent Fulgham wrote:

>> The issue being that there IS a problem - e.g. are we going to provide
>> ppp1 and ppp2?  That sounds like trouble to me.
>>
>Real Question (not a snipe):  Is there any reason everyone couldn't use a
>current pppd that would be compatible with the new kernel image?  Why have
>two packages?

I don't see a problem at all: slink includes pppd version 3.3.5, which is
fully compatible with the 2.2 series of kernels. This being the case, the
kernel-2.2.0 package would simply need to depend on slink's pppd. Not a
big deal in the least... anyone running slink would have the required pppd
anyway!

-ed