Re: Unmet Deps revisted

On Wed, 20 Jan 1999, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Previously Martin Schulze wrote:
> > When selecting all packages of a certain priority there should be no
> > conflicts.
>
> I think that if I try to install every package with priority extra
> some things will start complaining very loudly.

"extra" is the only priority in which packages are allowed to conflict at
each other freely, that's why the definition of extra says "you are
supposed to know what you are doing".

There is no such claim ("you are supposed to know what you are doing")
for required, important, standard or optional packages.

--
 "fcc06680272f29f0fd503c03c28cfd97" (a truly random sig)