pseudo package for upgrades from hamm

I see a problem with all this talk about pseudo packages for upgrades from
hamm.

These 'pkgs' will have to remain in the system forever.  If someone skips
slink, and goes to potato when that is released, the same problem will occur.

If we ever fix dpkg/dselect/apt to handle a pkg rename, and we can guarantee
that an old dpkg/dselect/apt will install the new dpkg/dselect/apt, then we
will be able to remove the pseudo names.  But currently, I don't see how this
is possible.

Adam

ps: When is Jason Gunthorpe going to rewrite dpkg?  :)