Re: libpng & gnome & slink

On Mon, 18 Jan 1999, Stephen Crowley wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 18, 1999 at 09:14:14AM -0500, Brian Almeida wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 18, 1999 at 03:03:26PM +0100, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> > > and how the unfortunate of us who already have upgraded to 1.0.2 can downgrade,
> > > i see the 1.0.1 package nowhere ...
> > <bma> !find libpng2 hamm
> > <dpkg> bma: um, dists/hamm/hamm/binary-i386/libs/libpng2_1.0.0-0.1.deb
> >
> > > what about latest gnome packages ? (0.99.3), is nobody packaging them ?
> > Stephen Crowley (aka Crow-) is.
> >

> Well, I was going to...but then jpick said just to wait til he's ready with
> them. Who knows when that will be? For now you can get them from
> http://master.debian.org/~crow/gnome but they aren't official so don't bug
> me if they don't work ;) (sorry, i already erased the .diff.gz's)

Why don't you guys work together or something? There are debian
directories in Gnome CVS, it would be nice to keep those up a la the Gtk
debian directories are so people can make their own packages. Stephen if
you don't have a Gnome CVS account that's no problem to fix. Gnome is
*huge*, and Jim is already doing tons of other stuff. It needs to be
packaged ASAP, so it can get some beta testing in the short time before
1.0, and then any post-1.0 bugfix releases will need packaging in a timely
manner. There have been RPMs for all the .99 Gnome releases, and the
Debian users are feeling the tarball pain.

Lots of other packages are waiting on this. For example, it's hard for me
to get any testing on Gnome-Apt until those Gnome packages are ready,
Mitch can't even package it yet.

If nothing else, let's put Stephen's unofficial packages on ftp.gnome.org
with the RPMs, perhaps?

Havoc