Re: Source Dependencies, a real solution

On Wed, 13 Jan 1999, Ben Collins wrote:

> This is a full blown implementation (not to be confused with a hack).
> It enables dpkg-source to recognize _versioned_ dependencies using the
> same syntax as regular dependencies. It does this in the course of
> 'dpkg-source -x'. I have also added a -d option for doing nothing but
> checking the dependencies in the .dsc file (does not extract the
> source). Using the -d option only requires the .dsc (source and diff
> are not required).

Hi Ben,
   It's good to see work being done on this.  Have you taken into account
http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-devel-9901/msg00817.html
where Lars mentioned that we needed two different types of source depends?
I guess looking for *sources* themselves is more difficult than seeing if
a needed binary package is installed.

Thanks,
Brandon

| Brandon Mitchell * bhmit1@mail.wm.edu * http://bhmit1.home.ml.org/ |
|  Sometimes you have to release software with bugs. - MS Recruiter  |