Re: FWD: RMS and Debian on his Toshiba

Jonathan Buzzard <jonathan.buzzard@issquared.co.uk> wrote:
> No it would not, as kernel's don't get updated in stable releases
> either.

Largely because it's such a pain updating all the auxillary packages
which must be maintained in lock-step with the kernel (such as pcmcia).

The stable kernels are, in and of themselves, well tested and stable.
However, we have a commitment to produce a stable system, and there
is an additional testing burden that we can't avoid.

--
Raul