Re: Unmet Deps revisted

On 12 Jan 1999, Jim Pick wrote:

> > Since most of these packages only need repackaging I believe that
> > they are candidates for the next bug squashing party.
>
> Yep.
>
> I think it would be good to file "important" bugs against all these.
> Dependency bugs should be easy to squash.

Fine.

Would I get some support from people in this list if I submit the
following bug?:

*----------------------
Package: ftp.debian.org
Version: slink
Severity: important

I can't install all the optional packages, because a lot of conflicts.

Bugs in the override file should be even easier to squash (no need to
recompile anything).

Have the ftp.debian.org maintainers tried to install everything?

Last time I tried I obtained a lot of conflicts, so I only reported a
few of them. Do they plan to do an official dependency check for the
optional packages?

Thanks.

--
 "2c903d86e6e62ce95ab1f045c0d98fdb" (a truly random sig)