Re: dpkg --print-installation-architecture, minimal version

Previously Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> First let me point out that this is _not_ a substitute for
> --print-installation-architecture. There is _no_ substitute for it, because
> the string is hardcoded in the dpkg binary.

Now let me remind you that I cannot run dpkg or anything else that is in
/usr, since the whole point of this exercise is to be able to rebuild
conf.modules when you a system is really broken, and that includes not
having /usr around.

> "modutils" is currently on my list of packages which will not be
> ported to the Hurd anytime soon.

Sounds reasonable. That raises the point that we will probably need an
OperatingSystem or Kernel field in debian/control as well in the future,
so we can mark packages Linux or HURD specific.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl