Re: release cycle

: By removing the global unstable/frozen/stable paradigm it
: means that an upgrade of one package can break another in the "stable" tree.
: This is, IMHO, entirely unacceptable.

Of course it is.

Why are you assuming that we would ever adopt revised package promotion
criteria that would allow a package to be promoted without all dependencies
being met?  That's a central feature of *every* proposal on the subject that
I have ever seen on debian-devel.

Allan, your proposal shares a lot conceptually with the one I made a year or
so ago... were you reading debian-devel then?  If not, I suggest you go read
the text of the proposals floated over the last year or two for some good ideas
you missed.

Bdale