Squeak - Alan Kay's latest SmallTalk :-) - anyone packaging it?

Squeak is an allegedly "open source" project that I saw mentioned on
lwn.net; looking at the license (http://squeak.cs.uiuc.edu/license.html)
A quick glance makes it look non-free, though: it doesn't permit
modification/derivation of the *fonts* included -- though I'd guess
those could be put in non-free, and the rest in contrib, except that
there's also an Indemnification clause and an Export Law clause.  It
looks like the DFSG doesn't really say anything about Indemnification,
but the Export Law clause is a restriction on redistribution...  it
happens to *evaluate* to "obey the law", but as we've argued here in
the past, that doesn't belong in the *license*.

In any case, is anyone working on packaging it, even for non-free? or
have a more clear interpretation of the license? (the "open source"
comment came from a Detroit News article,
	http://detnews.com/1998/technology/9812/18/12180240.htm
and the development community around it seems to treat it as "open"
but is it really?  Or at least, is it open enough for us?

			_Mark_ <eichin@thok.org>
			The Herd Of Kittens