Re: cleanfeed as debian package?

In article <cistron.19990104165923.A2959@wonderland.linux.it>,
Marco d'Itri <md@linux.it> wrote:
>Servers running obsolete cleanfeed releases are a problem for the whole
>network. (e.g. the sexzilla.net domain problem)

You really want to use inn 2.x with cleanfeed. And I have said repeatedly
on this list that I will not package that until inn 2.x is _stable_.
I know many people who switched and now have regrets as hairs on their
head (hmm that proverb doesn't quite translate :]).

Anyway, the point is IF someone decides to package cleanfeed as soon
as we have a stable inn 2.x package, we should probably build in
an expiration date of max. 3 months, and ofcourse release an update
at least every 3 monts (or more often) even if nothing changed.
That would prevent people from running a cleanfeed that's too old.

OTOH, that would probably make it a not so valuable package. So the
question again is why package it in the first place ..

Mike.
--
Indifference will certainly be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?