Re: util-linux conflicts with mount?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: util-linux conflicts with mount?
- From: Joel Klecker <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 07:20:28 -0800
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <19990104033737.A12674@turd.mountaintop>
At 03:37 -0500 1999-01-04, Mitch Blevins wrote:
Just tried to upgrade after vacation.
It seems that util-linux now conflicts with mount.
Several packages depend on mount, including sysvinit, which sends
my packages into a cascading frenzy of deinstalls.
Sorry if this has been discussed and I missed it.
Shouldn't util-linux Provides: mount if it Conflicts: it?
Wouldn't help, we don't have versioned provides. In any event,
replacing an essential package is a dangerous action, and I have made
a util-linux NMU that splits mount into its own package again.
Joel Klecker (aka Espy) <URL:http://web.espy.org/>
Debian GNU/Linux PowerPC -- <URL:http://www.debian.org/ports/powerpc/>