Re: Problems with siag office

On Fri, Jan 01, 1999 at 12:05:52PM -0800, Jim Pick wrote:

> Ionutz Borcoman <borco@borco-ei.eng.hokudai.ac.jp> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I wanted to try the siag programs and I get these errors:
> >
> > bash-2.01$ siag
> > siag: error in loading shared libraries
> > /usr/lib/libguile.so.4: undefined symbol: qt_error
> > bash-2.01$ pw
> > pw: error in loading shared libraries
> > /usr/lib/libguile.so.4: undefined symbol: qt_error
> > bash-2.01$ egon
> > egon: error in loading shared libraries
> > /usr/lib/libguile.so.4: undefined symbol: qt_error
> >
> > Any ideas ?
>
> It happens here too.  You should report this as a bug with
> "Severity: important".
>
> I'm a little confused as to why it is doing this.  Perhaps the package
> was built with an obsolete version of guile.

It was broken by the latest release of libguile4, which no longer links
against libqthreads.  The Guile maintainer says that people should use
guile-config to compile their packages.  I, for one, think that libguile4
should follow Debian policy, which (IIRC) mandates that shared libraries
provide the proper dependencies.

	Adam