Re: DFSG2: Qt, KDE

On Thu, Dec 03, 1998 at 06:35:36PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
[..]
> I believe that my current DFSG2 draft does not prevent Troll from
> achieving what I think is actually their objective: they want to
> retain the (sole) right to produce proprietary software based on _any_
> contributions to Qt from anyone.
[..]

Based on their slight alterations to my rewriting of their license, the
current .91 draft would comply with the DFSG2.

I still plan to vote against anything which removes the patch clause and
puts a time limit on the advertising clause.  I do agree the original DFSG
has a couple of bugs and they should be fixed, but a revision of the current
DFSG seems preferable to a complete rewrite.

--
Show me the code or get out of my way.