Re: DFSG2: Why we need clear guidelines, not woolly ones

On Thu, Dec 03, 1998 at 07:08:51PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Several people have complained that the DFSG2 are too legalistic or
> hard to interpret.  Frankly, I'm flabbergasted.

> We have spend endless hours here on -devel arguing about whether
> such-and-such a stupid restriction counts as `discrimination against
> fields of endeavour'.  Surely noone can deny this ?  This is one of
> the problems I'm trying to solve.

We have already solved it by creating the -legal mailing list so that
people spending their countless hours arguing about stupid
restrictions don't clog up -devel, and the rest of us can get back to
producing a free, and great distribution;-))))

Ciao,

	Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org