Re: Proposal: New mailing list debian-laptops

On 29 Nov 1998, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> To Matthias Klost and those asking for a new mailing list.  I strongly
> urge yo u to join the already existing <apmd-list@worldvisions.ca>.
>
> This in combination with the boot list should be good coverage?

	To add, there is also a general linux-laptop list at
vger.rutgers.edu, the same one that hosts linux-net, linux-admin, etc...
While it might not be the best place for Debian specific issues, it is a
good place for laptop specific linux issues. Send mail to
Majordomo@vger.rutgers.edu with a message of help for information on how
to subscribe.

	Also, to echo everyone else, installing Debian on my TP360 was any
harder than it was on a desktop after I got an install kernel that worked
with the included pcmica modules for my nic. And this type of thing is
probably best talked about where desktop booting/installing is discussed
to keep from stepping on each other's toes. :)

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                     |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)    |
|  Ryan Kirkpatrick  |  Boulder, Colorado  | rkirkpat@nag.cs.colorado.edu  |
|               http://www-ugrad.cs.colorado.edu/~rkirkpat/                |