Re: EURO patch

Enrique Zanardi writes:
 > On Wed, Nov 25, 1998 at 11:23:36AM +0000, Enrique Zanardi wrote:
 > > Is someone working on integrating the "euro" patch on Debian?
 > > ( ftp://ftp.freshmeat.net/pub/euro-patch/EURO-1.4.tgz )
 > >
 > > For those of you not aware of european news, the countries that have
 > > joined the European Union are moving towards a common currency, called
 > > the "euro". For Linux that means we have to include a new symbol in our
 > > charsets, and map it to some key (Meta-e, IIRC) in our keymaps. And we
 > > must do it soon, as the transition from the old to the new currency is
 > > starting next January, and will be finished in two years.
 >
 > And now I read this in the Xfree 3.3.3 release notes:
 >
 > 4.2. Bug fixes
 > [...]
 > 		add support for iso8859-15, and include a couple of basic
 >   fonts for iso8859-15
 >
 > So it seems the guys from xfree have taken care of it already.
 > What about the "console" people? Is Andries Brouwer working on that?
 > Yann?

I have myself included contributed fonts and (somewhat rough) keymaps
from ftp://ftp.freshmeat.net/pub/euro-patch/EURO.tgz

Andries: maybe you'll want to include that.  The console font stuff at
least is pretty complete, but the keyboards are merely anecdotic;
we'll have to use the standard layout when/if there's one.  Wrt the
euro symbol, as it is `¤' (latin1 internatinal currency symbol), the
latin1 keymaps can be used for now, although it's not very clean.

--
Yann Dirson                         | Stop making M$-Bill richer & richer,
               <ydirson@mygale.org> |     support Debian GNU/Linux: