Re: Leadership, effects on Debian and open source community

On Sun, Nov 29, 1998 at 02:53:28AM +0100, Kristoffer.Rose@ens-lyon.fr wrote:
> Martin Bialasinski replies to `Anonymous'.
>
> > Debian supports all free software. If KDE were free, it would also get
> > the "official" support.
>
> This is what I thought, too.  But it currently does not appear so very
> clearly: I have meat "sure you do" reactions, i.e., the community thinks
> that we are hypocrites that favour GPL-like things but just pretend
> otherwise.  The Qt/KDE issue has not helped!  We really need to make some
> clear and credible statement about this!

I object to the special treatment of KDE. The discussion about removing
it from Debian took a long time, even though it was clear from the outset
that the license did not allow us to distribute it. We would not have spent
so long on other packages.

There is no special place in my heart for KDE like so many people around
these list seems to have.

Hamish