Leadership, effects on Debian and open source community

Dear fellow Debian developers,

I have to say that I essentially completely agree with what `Anonymous'
just posted to this list.

> I have been concerned lurker of this list lately.  Suspect proposals have
> been made to balkanize the DFSG which has worked so well in the past.
> This troubles me because although Debian works in very open manner, the
> leadership has great amount of influence.

This is particularly true: Debian is getting into a typical "moral
majority" setting, as do most grass-root organisations, unfortunately:
after a while the "most politically correct" people get elected because
people underestimate the tendency that *everyone* votes for someone who
will "pull in the right direction".  This always goes wrong in a grass-root
organisation where everyone basically agrees so the result is extremism in
the leadership!

Let's try to backtrack to the "common sense free software" that started it
all and which is our basis.

Sincerely,
	   Kristoffer
--
Kristoffer Høgsbro Rose, Ph.D., prof.associé  <Kristoffer.Rose@ENS-Lyon.FR>
Laboratoire de l'Informatique du Parallélisme  équipe PLUME, bureau LR5-026