Re: Intent to package some benchmarks programs

On Tue, Nov 24, 1998 at 02:27:18PM +0100, Hartmut Koptein wrote:

> i like to pack some benchmarks binaries into one benchmark package.
>
> Sorts of this are: dhrystone, lmbench, nbench-byte, ...
                                         ^^^^^^^^^^^
                                         Unless my memory is flacky (which
                                         it is), this is pretty non-free or
                                         worse.

 linpack (-d and -s flavours)

	ftp://ftp.netlib.org/benchmark/1000d
	ftp://ftp.netlib.org/benchmark/1000s

 	Contact Jack Dongarra <dongarra@cs.utk.edu> for a license
 	clarification.

	There's also linkpackc.

 ParkBench (if possible at all)

	ftp://ftp.netlib.org/parkbench/distribution/ParkBench.tgz

	MPI and PVM flavours would be nice.

>    [ ]  Yeah! Real tests, not anymore these crappy bogomips reports

 In that case, pack SPEC*95, but I don't think it's even non-free.

>    [ ]  My computer is fast enough, i don't need to know how fast

 Yeah, I wish.

>    [ ]  Measuring ??  Hmm, why not ...

							Marcelo