Re: dhcpcd up for adoption (Was: dhcp problems)

Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu> writes:

> Brian Bassett <brianb@mail.wsu.edu> writes:
>
> > I've got a laptop on the campus network here, and have DHCP access.
> > I'd be willing to take this on.

> What's the deal with dhcp-* vs dhcpcd*?  I noticed that at least
> dhcpcd seems quite out of date (0.70).  I had to get a dhcpcd-1.3.16
> off the net to get things working...

It's not out of date, dhcpcd-0.70 and dhcpcd-1.3.16 are different
programs (the latter was rewritten and only runs on experimental
kernels).  I packaged dhcpcd-1.3.7 as "dhcpcd-sv-1.3.7" but never got
around to working out the last details before uploading it (the
package doesn't have any init scripts.)  The "sv" is from the author's
initials.

If nobody takes the dhcpcd-sv package, I'll try to release it ASAP,
but I have three projects due RSN.

When I last checked, the dhcp-* stuff didn't work with recent kernels.

Steve
dunham@cse.msu.edu