Re: Qt and other

Previously Joel Klecker wrote:
> Wrong, SRPMs usually have at least an upstream tarball (even .tar.Z or
> .tar.bz2) and many have several separate patches, a package that comes as
> several tarballs  (glibc) can also be handled.

And you can say which patches need to be applied (so you can have seperate
patches for each architecture for example).

> The only real problem I have with SRPMs is the .spec file format and the
> fact that one needs 'rpm2cpio.pl' at the very least to unpack one.

Erik Troan said there will very likely be a new rpm format which can be
viewed/extracted/created with standard POSIX tools, probably sometime next
year.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl