Re: Qt license change

Bruce:

From: Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>
> Then we have a SERIOUS problem with every GPL program written for X in
> existance.  Xfree is not LGPL nor GPL, it's X licensed, which is a
> modified BSDish license.

I know. Look at what the GPL says about this:

These requirements apply to the modified work as a whole. If
identifiable sections of that work are not derived from the Program,
and can be reasonably considered independent and separate works in
themselves, then this License, and its terms, do not apply to those
sections when you distribute them as separate works. But when you
distribute the same sections as part of a whole which is a work based
on the Program, the distribution of the whole must be on the terms of
this License, whose permissions for other licensees extend to the
entire whole, and thus to each and every part regardless of who wrote it.

It's a bit ambiguous to interpret in the context of separate dynamic-linked
libraries. If two programs are part of the same work, both must be GPL or
LGPL. If not, it's up to interpretation.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
The U.S. does _not_ have a budget surplus. The $70 Billion "surplus" hardly
offsets the $5 Trillion national debt.