Re: [scoop@freshmeat.net: gnumaniak 1.0]

J.H.M. Dassen Ray" wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 18, 1998 at 16:56:50 -0500, Mitch Blevins wrote:
> > Another thing about the gnumaniak package.  Should this be packaged
> > seperately, or should the maintainers of the Debian packages (filetils,
> > diffutils, etc) be encouraged to just incorporate the new man pages
> > into their packages.
>
> The latter. And when the individual package maintainers are busy integrating
> the new manpages, they can also easily forward them upstream.

 My concern is that the Debian maintainers for fileutils, etc have enough
 to do without worrying about sync'ing their releases with the release
 of this documentation package.

 It might be worthwhile to package the man-pages seperately, and let the
 *utils maintainers choose to incorporate them at their leisure.
 (adding a Conflicts: to the doc package).

 -Mitch