Re: Are DFSG free package in non-us part of Debian?

Hi,

 James> Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org> writes:
 >> It CAN be put into main,

 James> No it *can't*.  master, ftp.debian.org and other US mirrors are
 James> mirrored all over the world.  If we put crypto software into main, we
 James> will be responsible for several mirrors unwittingly violating US
 James> export laws.  However lame we think the laws may be, deliberately
 James> inducing other people to unknowingly break the law is not something we
 James> should *ever* contemplate doing.

	So, we need to move master into the free world. While master
 remains in a police state, I reluctantly grant that you are correct.

	manoj
--
 Worlds are conquered, galaxies destroyed -- but a woman is always a
 woman. Kirk, "The Conscience of the King", stardate 2818.9