Re: Debian New Maintainer Guide 0.1

On 14.11.1998., at 16:53, Jim Foltz wrote:

>I have been attempting to make .deb's (with varying levels of success) to
>see what it takes to maintain a package. The part I could never get was
how
>to use the DESTDIR variable in modifying Makefile, but now it's clear.

Well, I figured that one myself, but after reading kilobytes and kilobytes
of makefiles... :(
But I'm no guru so I don't know is my method of defining $DESTDIR
in Makefile the right way? (I know that it works, tried it with that
variable
set, and not set, and it worked both ways.)

>I had a few questions: I am using hamm and have the debhelper package
>installed. Is there no dh_make for hamm? I assume the slink debhelper
>package has it?

Jesus... I made one big error there: dh_make has it's own package!
That will be fixed in 0.12. Thank you for reporting.

>Will debhelper replace debmake for package building?

It already did, debmake is there just for compatibility (AFAIK).

/*- enJoy -*/\*- http://jagor.srce.hr/~jrodin/ -*/