Debian Mirrors

edd@debian.org (Dirk Eddelbuettel) writes:

> Obviously, that was a long while before the rsync mechanism started.
>
>   Adam> I would suggest some solutions but since I don't know the history, I
>   Adam> wouldn't want to spread FUD.
>
> We need a volunteer site that lets us 'push'. Any takers?

rsync? When did rsync become available?  Was this announced somewhere
else besides on debian-devel?  Being a listed mirror of Debian, I'm
suprised at how far out of the loop I am.  Is there a mailing list for
Debian mirrors that I'm not aware of?  I get tons of mirror
announcements from Redhat, but I've never heard anything from Debian,
I've always had to search on my own.

I'd be willing to contribute more resources to the mirroring effort if
that would be helpful, such as accepting pushes if it can be done
securely. We have pretty good connectivity...

Steve
ftp.eecs.umich.edu