Re: exim the standard MTA for slink?

On Fri, Nov 06, 1998 at 10:13:52PM -0500, Mark W. Eichin wrote:

> binary on a machine he didn't have root access to.)  Some of us, at
> least, have no plans to ever trust sendmail again...

    Considering the amount of change that software can undergo in ten
years and how different the net was ten years ago, I find that to be
somewhat poor reasoning.  There are a lot of better reasons to hate
sendmail :)
    I'm still annoyed, for instance, that sendmail changed it's
makemap -f hash output without warning (broke my squid redirector
until I figured out what happened).
    I still use it, though, perhaps out of inertia.  I think I simply
got used to it after a while, and I haven't seen any indication that
recent versions of sendmail are any less secure than recent versions
of exim/qmail/smail/whatever.

    If you have such evidence, feel free to let us know about it.

 Zed Pobre <zed@va.debian.org> | PGP key on servers, fingerprint on finger