Re: PGP vs. GnuPG again... sorry

On Fri, Nov 06, 1998 at 10:56:25PM +0000, James Troup wrote:

> Why don't you just go and look?  (~maor/dinstall/)

    Thanks for the location.

    Had you considered abandoning the exit code check and instead
grepping through the output for "BAD signature"?  Sorry for the lack
of a patch; my perl skills won't be up to the task for at least
another 6-12 months.  However, the general outline (same as used by
pinepgp, btw.), runs:

    run gpg, storing output somewhere (the "open(GPG, "gpg --verify
       [...])" bit, but dumping output to either a variable or a temp
       file; not sure how this is done in perl)

    if(grep "No valid RFC1991" output)
       (flag=fail)
    elif(grep "BAD signature" output)
       (flag=fail)
    elif(grep "(Key not in keyring)" output)     (not sure what
       (flag=fail)                               corresponds to this
                                                 error)
    if(flag == fail)
       $.rm.="Rejected...";
       return 0;

    It's a very crude example, of course, but I think it shows the
general idea.  Is there a technical reason why this would be
infeasable for dinstall/etc?

 Zed Pobre <zed@va.debian.org> | PGP key on servers, fingerprint on finger