Re: xdm package

On Mon, Oct 26, 1998 at 08:39:24AM -0600, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 25, 1998 at 12:06:30AM +1000, Russell Coker wrote:

> > >It is a xdm replacement with an NeXT type look
>
> No. Login.app is not an xdm replacement. wdm is. wdm provides (all?) the
> functionality of xdm since it's based on xdm. As far as I can tell it only
> replaces the Greeter.

With all these replacements starting to appear, wouldn't it be sensible to
split the greeter off from xdm (into a separate binary), then configure which
one is used (ie xdm uses login.app or whatever as its greeter)? How much work
is this?

--
Tom Lees <tom@lpsg.demon.co.uk> <tom@debian.org>  http://www.lpsg.demon.co.uk/
PGP Key: finger tom@master.debian.org, http://www.lpsg.demon.co.uk/pgpkeys.asc.