Re: ncurses4 and the freeze

On Tue, 3 Nov 1998, Joey Hess wrote:

> I had many packages in incoming, rebuilt with ncurses4, waiting to be
> installed into slink the night we froze. They went into potato. :-(
>
> Is getting everything recompiled with ncurses4 a release goal that can
> justify uploading packages into slink?

According to Brian:

 - normal bug fixes are allowed (though discouraged) on all packages
   iff there are no new features.

Since "it has to be recompiled with latest ncurses" is a bug, even if it
is not reported yet, I think it is allowed.

It would be a very nice thing to have that all priority: standard or
higher packages which need ncurses are rebuilt, so that a "standard
installation" does not use oldlibs if possible.

--
 "af089f9e7e8ba99eae16547cabec73dd" (a truly random sig)