Re: MUAs

"Steve Lamb" <morpheus@teleute.ml.org> writes:

>     If it is so wonderful, why limit it to the bloated pig called Eight Megs
> and Constantly Swapping?  I can name one thing that EMACS can't give me in an
> editor, put it on a rescue disk.  For editors, nothing has beaten joe IN MY
> OPINION.  I stress that because I don't want this to degenerate into an
> editor war.  I don't like EMACS, don't want to install 8-20Mb just for an MUA
> which is a subset of something I don't like, and do not consider it
> reasonable to ask anyone else to do the same.

>     Too bad it isn't an MUA but a subset of a bloated editor.

>     Too bad it isn't an MUA but a subset of a bloated editor.

Geez Steve.  Sorry I said anything...

Yes Emacs could be smaller, but I believe in weighing its
disadvantages (which in your own words is 8MB of RAM and 20MB of HD
space -- less than $30 of resources these days), against its
advantages, which include most of the features you want in an MUA.
For me that's more than a fair trade.  For you, it's apparently not.

Anyway, I won't continue this.  I really was trying to be helpful, and
I don't need a confrontation.

(FWIW I don't like Tcl *at all*, but I *will* use programs that are
 written in it if they serve my needs well.)