Re: NT and Debian dual boot?

On 2 Nov 1998, Jim Pick wrote:

 :
 : Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net> writes:
 :
 : > I am trying to help someone set up their machine for dual boot with NT and
 : > Debian. (Talk about the blind leading the blind ;-)
 : >
 : > First: Can this be done with NT? I know that '95 can be dual booted, but
 : > remember someone saying that NT didn't like mbr.
 : >
 : > If it can, can someone send me their lilo.conf file so I can figure out
 : > how to set this up. (If more than lilo need be set up, like special
 : > considerations on the NT install or mbr, I would appreciate those hints as
 : > well)
 : >
 : > Thanks in advance,
 : >
 : > Dwarf
 :
 : You can also use the NT boot loader to load Linux.
 :
 : Unfortunately (?), I no longer have NT installed, so I can't give you
 : a specific recipe for how to do it.  But it can be done.  There are
 : some webpages somewhere explaining how to do it.

http://debian.midco.net/doc/HOWTO/mini/Linux+NT-Loader.gz

(available at any Linux HOWTO site)

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD