Re: Call for lawyers: GPL Intelectual property protection

On Thu, Oct 29, 1998 at 11:50:48PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> > IANAL but I'd be surprised if this is even legal! Surely Microsoft
> > would have to provide something -- equipment, time, money, ideas
> > or training -- they can't just steal your every thought that happens
> > to be about computers. Apparently they think they can.
>
> Depressingly, this type of thing seems to go on, and be enforced, all the
> time.

Sickening, is it not?

> I'd *never* sign anything like this. But then again, I've decided nothing
> would ever cause me to sign a NDA, either.

I might depending on the NDA's coverage and whether or not I were being
compensated for keeping my mouth shut (ie, being paid to work on a project
that is hush-hush until formally announced)

--
Show me the code or get out of my way.