Re: /USR/BIN/CRON

<nonvotingnonmemberrequest>
Hi, I would like to suggest that the issue of upper case of argv[0] names and
policy thereof be continued on debian-policy only, because: (1) it's not
really an issue, especially in the throes of release... (2) the original
question (as far as I've read) has to do with an issue that is potentially
release-critical, the possibility that cron is calling something that dies
often enough that it runs out of processes and dies. With regard to the
upper-case thing: -please- either come to a consensus quickly or consider
dropping that part of the discussion until after release.
</nonvotingnonmemberrequest>

Now... the symptoms described (processes accumulating until no more processes
left and no one can do anything with the machine after that) would seem to
match the symptoms on a box we have with slink running on it. So, my question
is: has anyone else noticed these symptoms? I rebooted the machine in question
under my control, and I haven't noticed any /USR/BIN/CRON processes in the
list.
Looking again... machine up 1 hour, no problems and no such processes.

I have noticed that the machine never lasts the night tho... fw that's w

Any one notice similar things?

-Jim