Re: [ettrich@troll.no: Live and let live]

On Sun, Oct 11, 1998 at 01:33:15AM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> > If I ever thought Matthias needed to be bludgeoned severely with a cluebat,
> > it's now.  I have little respect left for him.  Fortunately, a few of the
> > non-core KDE developers show more promise.  Hopefully a few of them will
> > continue to try and make sense out of what is otherwise a good project, with
> > a bad license problem.
>
> Agreed. However, this was not an official statement. I wonder if KDE had
> made *any* official statement in the past.

They have yet to answer us officially.  Don't expect one either.

> If they can't get together to answer our stance officially, I'd be oligued
> to assume they agree. This is how things work (if you write to the pope, and
> he or his priests don't answer single points, the single points are
> correct).

Their unofficial responses seem clear:  They are intentionally ignorant of
the GPL's restrictions so they can have it both ways.  The fact that
everyone else says they can't doesn't matter to them.  Whomever said the
theatre is burning and people are screaming "FIRE!" while they respond "Shut
up, we're trying to watch the movie!" had it right on.