Re: An X version of dselect for slink

On Fri, 2 Oct 1998, Enrique Zanardi wrote:

ezanar>Moving X to the base disks (Auch!) and configuring X just after the first
ezanar>reboot (hard task for a newbie). I'm not excited about that.

	hard not just for the newbie !  I advocate, as usual, a sentence
in install.txt asking the user to only install preselected packages on the
first run through dselect. This would clear up many complaints.  Then
suggest installing X and running the Graphical-fe to dselect if the user
prefers an X interface.  The other option is to continue using terminal
front end but again ask them not to do too much at once.
	A working GUI couldn't hurt in any case (unless it's buggy and
trashes systems !) 15 days of testing isn't much.
	John

John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>