Re: force e2fsck @ reboot

In article <[🔎] 19980831021920.Q28743@kuolema.Infodrom.North.DE>,
Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.north.de> wrote:
>Elie Rosenblum wrote:
>> >     fsck -R -A -f -y -p
>>
>> I don't think you'd want to use -f, but if you set FSCKFIX to yes in
>> /etc/default/rcS and change fix="-y" to fix="-yp" in checkfs.sh, it
>                                               ^^^
>MiquelS: Are you reading this?

Yep. I don't think that is a good idea; I have set FSCKFIX to yes on many
remote boxes but I prefer not to have it check file systems on every
reboot ..

Did you know you can shutdown -F -r now to force a fsck ? It's in the
shutdown manpage.

>> should do what you want. -yp should probably be the default if FSCKFIX
>> is set to yes, I'd say, but that's up to the maintainer.
>
>This would be another solution which is more difficult but would also
>satisfy my needs.

I prefer a new variable, called for example FSCKALWAYS (suggestions for
a better name?) which defaults to "no".

Mike.
--
 Miquel van Smoorenburg | Our vision is to speed up time,
    miquels@cistron.nl  |   eventually eliminating it.     <*>