Re: slink, sid and the non-x86 distributions

On Tue, Aug 11, 1998 at 08:47:42AM -0700, Stephen Zander wrote:

> Can someone kindly explain to me why the **** there are no
> sparc/powerpc/alpha directories for slink?  Yes, I know they exist
> under sid, whatever that is.
>
> My understanding was that slink == 2.1 to be.  Did anyone bother to
> announce on the appropriate lists that these architectures weren't
> even going to try for 2.1?

I believe the idea was this:
make sid and sid will always be sid (never freeze never releace)
Then put all the "immature" dists in sid, then when they are
ready for releace move them into slink (or if they are not
ready in time for slink...whatever the unstable is freezing when
they are ready)

This way they will be unaffected by freeze and noone will be confused as
to what has been releaced

-Steve
E-mail "Bumper Stickers":
"A FREE America or a Drug-Free America: You can't have both!"
"honk if you Love Linux"