Re: POSIX shell; bash ash pdksh & /bin/sh

Hi,

 Santiago> On 7 Aug 1998, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

 >> After all my arguments about compatibility, [...]

 Santiago> As I see it, all your arguments about compatibility may be
 Santiago> summarized as follows:
 Santiago> "Since bash is currently essential, it should be essential forever".

	Have you heard of the dangers of over simplification? I agree
 that you have not grasped the gist of my arguments. However, I think
 this should be shelved till later. We may soon get a process for
 amending policy with a deadlock resolution mechanism builtin. We
 shall see.

	manoj
--
 It seemed the world was divided into good and bad people.  The good
 ones slept better... while the bad ones seemed to enjoy the waking