dynamic loader behavior question

Say I've written a program  that consists of the following parts:

1. An executable
2. 2 dynamic modules (dynamic1.so and dynamic2.so).
3. All of the above binaries are linked with the dynamic version of libc (
ie libc.so) (*not* the static version of libc (libc.a)).

My question is this: As each of the binaries in 1-2 are loaded into the
process, will each load cause libc.so to be loaded, so that in effect 3
libc.so's are taking up memory in the process ?

Or is their some kindof intellegence where the libc.so consists of a 'code' and
'data' part, so that there is only 1 'code' part, but 3 'data' parts ? ('data
consists of libc.so's data segment).

Finally, is there some {program, shell command, system api} that will
effectively tell what *.so's are loaded into a process ? Any URL's/manuals that
go over this some more ?

Thanks for any responses !

Geoff Brimhall

(A developer learning to develop on debian Linux. Is there a more appropriate
place for this (debian-mentors ?))

E-Mail: Geoffrey L. Brimhall <brimhall@pobox.com>
Date: 07-Aug-98
Time: 08:50:21