Re: slink fetchmail problems

In article <[🔎] 6qeui5$14l$1@cne.dynip.com>,

> I'm not using exim at the moment, but I recall that there was a simple
> config option that told exim to concider localhost as the local
> computer in addition to whatevern the FQDN is.  This seems like the
> best solution.  I'm not sure why fetchmail changed it's behavior in

I just installed exim to see how it works.  The default exim config
file genereated by choosing #2 (dialup host) has the following line:

local_domains =

And exim is told to reject relay mail.  I changed the above line to:

local_domains = localhost

This along with the following lines that are already in the exim.conf
makes exim accept mail both for localhost, for my FQDN and for my IP:

local_domains_include_host = true
local_domains_include_host_literals = true

Perhaps the localhost should be there by default?  I don't know many
people that don't want to accept mail for localhost.

Erv

--
Graduate Student                                edwalter@iname.com
Department of Chemistry                       walter@chem.wisc.edu

Physics is experience, arranged in an economical order.
 -- tagline 1.00 by xopy