Re: Consistent installation of Debian in several machines

In article <[🔎] 19980806150549.B10388@ieeesb.etsit.upm.es>,
Javier Fdz-Sanguino Pen~a <jfs@ieeesb.etsit.upm.es> wrote:

>	I have this question running on my head for some time... how can one
>actually ensure two different machines with Debian GNU/Linux installed are
>consistent, i.e. the same packages are installed in both.

On one master machine use "dpkg --get-selections > selections". Then
on the other machines do "dpkg --set-selections < selections". That way
the 2nd machine has the same packages selected as the "master".

Then use apt to upgrade the machines:

# apt-get update
# apt-get dist-upgrade

That should be all ..

Mike.
--
 Miquel van Smoorenburg | Our vision is to speed up time,
    miquels@cistron.nl  |   eventually eliminating it.     <*>