apt && Re: Archive Restructuring -- The dists/ Hierarchy

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> writes:
> 	Umm, not this simple. One of the main idea behind a
>  pre-release distribution is that it be internally consistent; and all
>  package dependencies be satisfied within the pre-release
>  distribution. Now, suppose there is a shared lib pkg A. Pakcages B
>  through H depened on this package. Therefor, A-H came into the
>  pre-release. Now A has a bug report. What happens to packages B-H if
>  you just yank A out? The distribution os no longer releasable.

A little bit off topic, but this reminds me of the simulator that
Jason built into the apt core.  I wonder if we could use apt's
simulator to ensure the internal consistency of the pre-release
distribution at all times, and to see how
addition/removal/upgrade/downgrade of a package perturbs the
consistency node tree.

Jason?