Re: Simple calculator

David Welton <davidw@gate.cks.com> writes:

> 15k is beans if it does what one would expect of a 'real'
> calculator:->  That goes for bc as well.. :
>
> 20.00 / 13.00
> 1
>
> Sure, you can set it to behave 'normally', but just for whipping out a
> few numbers...

Well, I'm personally a big fan of picking tools with room to grow.
You'd probably be better off with a wrapper around one of the more
powerful calculators so that whem you need more features, they're
already available...

Of course this philosophy has the extreme danger of slowly leading you
to think of emacs for everything :>

Seriously, if I were you, I'd probably use bc or dc with a suitable
wrapper for command line stuff.  Though in reality, *I* usually just
do something like this:

  $ guile -c "(display (/ 20 13))"
  1.53846153846154
  $